I am open for website commissions! Contact me for a final quote!
Terms of Service & Details
Steps & Payment:
- After agreeing to a quote and scope of project, I will create a design idea for you to approve.
- I will take a 50% non-refundable deposit.
- I will build the site on a testing server.
- After approval of the site, I will take the final non-refundable 50% payment and move the site to the host of your choice and give you access to add your content and images. Note that domain and hosting are not included in my quote (see below).
- The whole process is estimated to take approximately 1 month, but does depend on communication and readiness to provide content (such as text and images).
Note: I will not write content for you, you must provide text and imagery for your site.
- I will maintain the site and do any required fixes for 1 year. After that 1 year period, charges will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Upgrades or additions to the site outside of the original scope of the project will have a charge, even if it is still in development.
If you do not currently have a domain name, I suggest you buy one now! Domains can go fast and are generally inexpensive (about $10/year) so buying one is a good idea so no one else takes your preferred domain. If you would like to wait to use it for your website, you can easily make it redirect to your social media of choice.
Note: Domains and hosting can be through two different services. They are not connected, and a domain can be moved if you want. Do not search for a domain through GoDaddy! They are known to buy searched for domains and then charge you an extremely inflated amount to get it back!
A host is where your website actually lives. Think of your domain as the street address (just an arbitrary name) and the host is your actual physical house.
I recommend 3 hosting options:
For a single website, the lowest shared hosting plan should be enough as long as it includes PHP and a database. If you are wanting to have a larger, more complex site or multiple sites, then a higher level plan might be recommended.
Note: Namecheap and A2 (and pretty much all other hosts) often have a deal for the first year that may include a domain name, but after that the price will increase slightly. Make sure you review the full cost of hosting!